Speakers for my home theater...

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TonyBlue
Contributor

Speakers for my home theater...

I'm looking for some high quality Surround Sound Speakers for my home theater.  I was considering the Energy Take Classic 5.1 as well as the Aperion Intimus 4T Hybrid SD.  Any thought on which might be the better choice?

If you like my response please Kudo me!

Accepted Solutions
tblue
Occasional Contributor

Re: Speakers for my home theater...

Oh forgot to mention but here is my video review:

View solution in original post

All Replies
tblue
Occasional Contributor

So here are my thoughts:

The good: The Energy Take Classic 5.1 offers outstanding sound quality for a compact surround-sound speaker system. All of the speakers feature a beautiful piano-black finish, looking more expensive than the system's budget price. Altogether, the system is one of the best home theater values available.

The bad: Pioneer's SP-PK21BS sounds better for the same price, although it's a much larger system.

The bottom line: The Energy Take Classic 5.1 is the best budget speaker system we've reviewed, earning our Editors' Choice Award with its outstanding sound quality and exquisite looks.

33310963-2-200-0.gif

Tags (1)
tblue
Occasional Contributor

Oh forgot to mention but here is my video review:

DeniseJ
New Content Contributor

I've reviewed a lot of speaker packages over the years, but fewer and fewer of them feature large full-size speakers. That's because the market has been migrating to ever-smaller designs. And while Aperion Audio still offers plenty of beefy, monolithic speakers, the company has a wide selection of smaller models that don't take up quite as much of your living room's real estate.

Case in point is the Intimus 4T Hybrid SD. In addition to offering Aperion's smallest ever center (the 4C) and satellite surround speakers (4B), the package includes the unique 4T tower speakers for the front left and right channels. However, "tower" is something of a misnomer here: the 34-inch tall 4Ts are a mere 5 inches wide and 7.5 inches deep (sitting on bases, for better stability, that are a bit larger: 8.25 by 10). They don't have the imposing bulk we associate with most floor-standing speakers--and they obviate the need for stands or finding dedicated shelf space. Rounding out the system is the 8-inch Bravus subwoofer (which has received some design improvements since we've seen it last). The system costs $1,569 at Aperion Audio's Web site.

33192423-2-200-0.gif

DeniseJ
New Content Contributor

I've reviewed a lot of speaker packages over the years, but fewer and fewer of them feature large full-size speakers. That's because the market has been migrating to ever-smaller designs. And while Aperion Audio still offers plenty of beefy, monolithic speakers, the company has a wide selection of smaller models that don't take up quite as much of your living room's real estate.

Case in point is the Intimus 4T Hybrid SD. In addition to offering Aperion's smallest ever center (the 4C) and satellite surround speakers (4B), the package includes the unique 4T tower speakers for the front left and right channels. However, "tower" is something of a misnomer here: the 34-inch tall 4Ts are a mere 5 inches wide and 7.5 inches deep (sitting on bases, for better stability, that are a bit larger: 8.25 by 10). They don't have the imposing bulk we associate with most floor-standing speakers--and they obviate the need for stands or finding dedicated shelf space. Rounding out the system is the 8-inch Bravus subwoofer (which has received some design improvements since we've seen it last). The system costs $1,569 at Aperion Audio's Web site.

33192423-2-200-0.gif