Are there affordable tube amps?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ravir
Contributor

Are there affordable tube amps?

I know I can still buy a really high-end amp with vacuum tubes, but is there anything more reasonably priced?

Accepted Solutions
r_kambar
Occasional Contributor

Re: Are there affordable tube amps?

There is one called the miniwatt that is getting good reviews.  It's around $300.

View solution in original post

All Replies
r_kambar
Occasional Contributor

There is one called the miniwatt that is getting good reviews.  It's around $300.

An
Occasional Contributor

The decision to buy a new amplifier is something that shouldn't be taken lightly. The amplifier is a crucial element in how your guitar or bass will ultimately sound, and there are a number of questions you will need to ask yourself in the decision making process: You will need to consider whether the amp is going to be used in a live situation (it'll need to be loud enough to be heard over the drums); whether you want a tube amp or solid state; whether you want something that is capable of modeling a number of different amplifiers or something simple but great sounding despite the lack of "bells and whistles". We actively encourage our customers to review the gear they buy and it's a good idea to spend some time reading the reviews on our site. As with everything we sell, all our amplifier are supported by our price & satisfaction guarantees and free standard shipping now applies to all orders over $25, including many heavy items

Al
Occasional Contributor

I grew up with Fender amps and have owned several over the years and still own 4 of them. I do my own repairs and don't usually recomend mods, although I've been known to do a few mods of my own. That experience taught me allot, (I say, if you don't like the amp, buy one you like). I've got a thing about Fender amps and Celestion speakers. IMHO. I think it ruins the great Fender sound of the amp. Well that's just me, still if this amp floats boat and you like the sound go for it. I'd much rather have a Jensen, Eminence, better yet an old JBL, the kind I grew up on in my first Fender amp a '66 Super Reverb, 4 JBL 10's, (heavy) you knew you were in shape if you could lug it up 3 flights of stairs.